For any enterprise software company or startup, the ultimate measure of success is how much money it makes for its investors. Money is the best surrogate we have for value a company delivers to the world - and by extension, the impact it has on the world.
Time to revenue as a metric
Decentralizing product management
- When a prospect is unwilling to buy at proposed price, learn how much they are willing to pay for the product
- When a prospect is unwilling to buy, learn what problems the product would need to solve for them for them to value it
In turn, they should be equipped to talk about the kinds of problems we are looking to solve in the upcoming months, and learn if prospects value solutions to those problems. A false or a positive signal both unlock different kinds of investments based on product management's judgment.
- Build new content and drive awareness based on what the product team is building
- Create and spread the word on success stories
- Build a compelling set of use cases for the product
- Learn of blockers to product adoption
- Recruit users for usability testing and user interviews
- Learn how latest features are being used & provide insight to product management
Once these expectations are clear, the organization needs to be instrumented such that information can flow freely. We intend to rely on a combination of Asana, Slack, & Totango to stay aligned here.
The benefits of such organization are immense. Due to inherent decentralization of product management, this can shorten cycle times significantly, and scale well as the business & product footprint grows without the need for hiring additional product managers, or impacting cycle times. This keeps our business responsive to customer needs and allows us to bridge the gap between problems and solutions rapidly.